At least five people lost their lives after a gas explosion took place in the Baruwa area of Ipaja in Lagos state
The incident occurred at 6am on Thursday morning 08/10/20
Ibrahim Farinloye, acting coordinator of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) said five bodies were recoverd from the scene of the explosion
Farinloye said the that the fire was caused by the generator of the gas station which was on when the LPG tanker was discharging .
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) Said it has activated emergency response. Further investigation of the scene revealed that the gas station belonging to Best Roof Cooking Gas exploded by burning buildings around.
A combined effort of the Agency Tiger Team, Dolphin team, LRU fire, LASG fire service, NPF , NUPENG and LNSC are on the ground to curtail the spread of the fire to the other buildings
React to this post